Not having the best blender or best mixer is dangerous for your personal health and financial health as most blenders are unreliable and break in 3 years. Learn which ones will have long lifespan.
UPDATE 5/10/12: Nutribullet is by far the best nutrition extracting device on the market. It’s not a blender or a juicer, but it is by far the best thing out there right now as of this update. It’s far less expensive and more powerful. Click the Nutribullet link to learn more.
The Short List
Whether you are moving towards the path of raw food living, cleansing and transforming your health or you are looking for the best bang for the buck in blenders for mixing drinks, pureeing foods and other culinary tasks you’ve come to the absolute right place.
We’ve looked at a wide variety of the best blenders available on the market today and found it could be overwhelming. Based on your needs and budget one blender does not fit all. We’ve brought to you the five top best blenders, each meeting the needs of one or more of audiences who desire blending in their life. Ranging from $150-$450, these blenders are all on top of the mountain and prepared to bring you many years of service. Lets take a look at them.
Keep in mind a less inexpensive blender may be easier on your wallet in the short term, however it becomes more costly when it needs to be replaced 3 or 4 years after purchase. These blenders here may seem expensive, but some, like the Vita Mix can last 20 or more years!
Hundreds upon hundreds of blenders exist on the market, but not all of them are of the same quality. For some blenders you pay a lot of money for the top equipment, and for others you end up getting ripped off for the same price. I have been looking for the perfect blender that has the perfect combination of top notch equipment at a fairly low price. Not all blenders are created equally, and it is important to first realize which type of blender will suit your needs the best, and then try to find the best quality blender within that category.
Most blenders come with the same internal components. These components, however, have different capabilities then others. Each blender’s internal parts have their strong points, but they also have their weak elements.
5. The , for instance, has a .9 horsepower motor and with this it can crush anything you put in it’s way. It is very handy in mixing hard to blend materials such as ice.You can choose from seven different settings depending on what you need to blend. The Kitchen Aid Blender also has five different speeds to mix your substances at. This is very useful when it comes to mixing smoothies, or crushing ice. The blade is also made up of stainless steel, and will resist premature rusting or cracking. Nevertheless, it does have shortcomings. The blender is prone to leaking after many uses, and you have to either be careful while using the blender or be prepared to use your warranty!
4. Other blenders, such as the , run on one thousand watts. The Breville Blender comes with two different speed settings, and even has a pulse setting. The motor is made of stainless steel, and will not be as loud as other motors are. The motor is guaranteed to be quiet, and allow you to have piece of mind. This blender also has an extra wide blade. This blade is extra wide in order to keep the food from being trapped in the sides of the blender. All the same, many people have complained that they are unhappy with the design of the Breville Blender. The design has a flaw that does not allow you to clean the bottom out without unscrewing the entire blender. It is a reliable blender that will get the job done, but it is probably not the best blender for the messier jobs.
3. Another blender, the , is great for washing afterward. It is dishwasher safe, and will take off any of the substance from within the blender. It is also able to handle up to three cups worth of chopped up materials, and the blades are made of stainless steel. These stainless steel blades will not rust over, and they are efficient in staying sharp while cutting up your materials. However, the Hamilton Beach Blender has many people raving about the noise of the blender. This blender will be very noisy while mixing your substances. If you are comfortable with wearing ear plugs while using the blender, then using it will not be a problem for you.
2. Up next we take a look at the . This is a favorite among people who drink smoothies as a part of their daily nutrition. Blendtec is one of the premiere blenders on the market today. It has up to 3 horsepower which is extremely powerful and will make short work of most food items. Based on the tests done however, it did not stack up as high as other people results and potentially hype. It has two different pitchers available for use. The standard size pitcher gave use extremely poor results but the second size pitcher was able to blend in a relatively short time and gave a smoother texture than any of the other blenders. The smoother the texture, the more available the nutrients of the food are. If texture is important to you, this is the one to go with.
The Blendtec Blender runs on 1560 watt power, and even has a blade speed of approximately twenty nine thousand RPM. It comes with twenty five different settings, and as many as ten different speeds to mix your food at. The most unique part of the Blendtec Blender is that it has a four inch blade compared to a three inch blade that the other blenders come with. Even so, the Blendtec Blender has been accused of not having the right touch when it comes to mixing together sensitive foods. Sometimes it may not blend the materials, such as strawberries, all the way or it may over mix your food. This can be something you can work around by learning which settings are safe to use with each particular foods, but it may be a hassle for some people.
5. Finally we have the all-time best blender of the blender world. Not just a basic blender, the is late-night commercial television’s favorite product: you need to see a demonstration to believe it. Many years back, I visited a trade exhibition, and I watched how the Vita-Mix delivered a smoothie in seconds with the strawberry and its hull included; the then company’s spokesperson, Michael Symon (now of Iron Chef fame) who did the demo insisted the strawberry hull was very good for fiber.
I was curious like most people usually are, to see how the friction of the motor of the Vita-Mix can deliver ground flour or a cooked soup. Would I be able to pay $ 500 for it? After toying with the idea for a couple of weeks, the Vita-Mix is tempting indeed. The Vita-Mix is equipped with an on-off switch, a clock to monitor the speed variation and a toggle to switch to High speed.
Thick or hot mixtures are processed with the variable-speed dial, as also food or meat can be chopped and ground; and in this way the blending process is kept under control. In addition, when I turned the dial I felt like an airplane pilot. The basic Vita-Mix 5200 is a package which includes a DVD with a crash course about its functioning, a booklet with recipes of selected whole foods, the company’s manual, and a tamper which you can use when pushing dense or frozen food into the blade while the machine is running.
The blending jar which is co-polyester is liberally sized at 64 ounces, and contains a lid redesigned with a twist-out plug which also serves as a measuring cup. The blender is a plastic jar of co-polyester and at 64 ounces is amply sized, and its redesigned lid with a twist-out stopper can also be used as a measuring cup. The Vita-Mix 5200 comes in three colors: black, white and red. Definitely worth it!
Below is a video of Popular Mechanics reviewing the above blenders. You will find this informative, however opinions differ on the results of this video. Many users still believe that Vita-mix is still the superior brand regardless of some test results. I am of the same belief.
There are many blenders who claim to be the best blender on the market on this list and only you know which one will serve you the best. As new blenders hit the market we will review them and let you know if they mount up against the competition. Thanks for visiting.
- Great Smoothie For you photo credit: totalAldo One of the best smoothie ideas is...